Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Case For Christ




I've decided to take a short break here from my series of posts on answering common objections to the Christian faith, to share this incredible short video by Lee Strobel. Those of you who are regular readers of my blog know that this is not the first time I've shared the insight and wisdom of Lee Strobel with you.

I also shared a series of video tapes by Lee called "The Case for a Creator". If you have not watched those videos I highly recommend them if you are currently of the belief that evolution is the truth. Lee does an excellent job of dispelling this non truth as he shows his proof that the world and humanity is a creation of God.

For those who do not know who Lee Strobel is, here is a quick bio. Lee was an investigative legal reporter for the Chicago Tribune. A former atheist,  in 1980 he took a journalistic approach to "dis proving" the Christian faith. 100% confident that he could attack and destroy the fallacy of the bible and the Christian faith, he took a 1 year and 9 month journey into researching and preparing to write the article of his career. What happened instead is that he found undeniable proof not only for the bible, but for the proof that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is known for saying that the resurrection of Christ is the "lynch pin" of Christianity and his pain staking research uncovered and convinced him without a doubt that the resurrection was an actual historical event.

He wrote the book "The Case for Christ" which is the 2nd book I read back in 2002 when I began my own research on spirituality. As I've explained in earlier posts, I too have a journalism background and spent my first 2 years in college studying journalism. I was a reporter for my college newspaper and was trained to uncover evidence before reporting facts. This early college training taught me to be very skeptical about things is general. I was NOT one to leap into Christianity based on the fact that it "felt right" or to "try it out and see". Which is why I studied all of the religions I could find information on before coming to the same conclusion that Lee Strobel did.  Like Lee, I then gave my life to Christ and over the past 11 years I've continued on my spiritual journey...however with one big difference....the seeking ended when I found that the truth was in Jesus and the bible.

I am completely confident in saying that watching this video could very well be the most important video you ever watch. It is THAT powerful. I challenge you to watch it without pre-conceived thoughts or ideas and to put everything you have ever learned about spirituality and religion aside and open your mind to just hearing the evidence that Lee presents. Forget about all of your pre-conceived feelings about Christianity and your long list of objections. Feel free to take notes, to pause, rewind and listen again and again if you need to. Then, take that evidence and consider it...really give it some thought. If you are intrigued I then challenge you to purchase and read Lee's book "The Case for Christ". This book is also available at your local library.

You may be asking yourself...why is Debi putting so much time into this blog? Why is she trying to convince people that Christianity is true? Trust me it isn't to win any popularity contests! It isn't exactly popular or politically correct to be a Christian in 2013! Coming from a girl who would have done just about anything to be popular and liked back in High School, this goes against that totally! In fact, since starting this blog I've lost Face Book friends. Friends that knew me before I was a believer don't call me anymore....and not because I've said a word to them about my faith...just because they know I'm a Christian! Why would I chose to outcast myself from many for a lie?

Why am I sharing Christ through this blog? To share what I  found over a 2 year period of over 4-6 hours a day of research (1 year before my back surgery in 2002 and 1 year after) when I was practically bed ridden due to an injured back & failed back surgery; to be the truth for all of man kind. This truth is so critically important to what we need to know in light of our future destinies that I can not not share it. Additionally, when it became clear that due to my back injury and subsequent journey with chronic pain that I could not return to my pharmaceutical sales career, I cried out in prayer one day to God. I asked Him, "WHY GOD, why oh why would you take my sales career away from me? I love it, I'm good at it! People listen to me and believe me because what I present and share is true. (referring to the products I sold at the time) I was simply devastated that the career I loved and succeeded in was over due to a fall down the stairs. Prior to my injury every day when my alarm went off for work I would bounce out of bed and eagerly drive out into the sales field to visit doctors and pharmacists to talk to them about the medications I sold. I was one of the lucky few that actually LOVED my job.  I will never forget God's answer then and again recently when he re-confirmed to me when he said to me very clearly:

"My child, your gift of persuasion is no longer to be used in the pharmaceutical sales field....I need you in the mission field. Share the good news about my Son. Be a light to others"

If you are not 100% sure you have the truth regarding God and if you have not done the same amount of research that I have done and that Lee Strobel has done; and if you are not 100% sure what would happen to you if you died today...then I challenge you to realize that you can not afford to sweep this issue under the carpet any longer. From a journalistic standpoint consider this equation.

RESEARCH+ FACTS=EVIDENCE  

You need EVIDENCE to be sure that what your current belief system or religious beliefs are equal truth. Just because you were raised in one religion and it is what your parents taught you does not make it true. It is up to you to be sure that you have the truth.

Enjoy this short video by Lee Strobel. As always I thank you for reading Living a Spirit Filled Life and I welcome your comments.


2 comments:

  1. Gifted and obedient. Thank you for listening and embracing His Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi,

    Love your Truth, openness and writing. God has certainly blessed you with the ability to express yourself through your sharing. I would say one of your gifts is Evangelist, young lady! Looking forwarding to reading more!

    Peace & Joy ~ Suzanne

    ReplyDelete