Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A lightbulb moment




Over the weekend I spoke with an unbeliever when what I like to call "A lightbulb moment" occurred for this individual. After a lengthy discussion in which this person shared all of their objections to the Christian faith; I lovingly stepped in to tell this person that for me, one of the key pieces of evidence that changed my mind about Christianity and made me realize that Jesus Christ is the son of God, is the fact that most of his apostles (those who were with Him during His ministry, death and resurrection) were willing to die horrific deaths before they would deny that they had witnessed Jesus' miracles and ministry on earth, His death, resurrection and assension to heaven. This is historic FACT.

This person immediately said to me, "I believe that."

The lightbulb came on. What the person just realized is that these men's willingness to be killed verses deny Jesus was a very powerful piece of evidence for the Christian faith. Over 5,000 people witnessed the risen and resurrected Jesus Christ. He was who he said he was...the son of God. Suddenly this person I was talking to this weekend's list of objections held true for many long years, begin to melt away before their very eyes. After reading this short post I urge you to watch the above video of less than 10 minutes so you can see for yourselves what these men were willing to endure rather than deny the gospel of Jesus Christ. Remember the cases presented here have been proven historically accurate.

In the end it really doesn't matter if you had an annoying "so called" Christian say hurtful things to you. Your "bad experience" in church years ago is irrevelant. As I"ve said before, please do not let people and the bad experiences you have had with them and their interpretation of what it means to be and act like a Christian keep you from a relationship with the One who came to save you. I've provided many many posts that provide undeniable proof for Jesus, the Bible and creation. So you don't want to call yourself a "Christian" and don't want to go to church or become a " right winged conservative"?  Don't want to deny that you've been wrong all these years? Then don't! Who cares. Your relationship is with the LORD. That is what is important. It's not about putting a label on yourself...it's about following Jesus. Take the time to wrap your heart and mind around that reality. Read the Bible. Pray. God will lead you through the rest and to the right people if you decide to share your realization.

Jesus, the son of God...died on the cross for YOUR sins. Because of God's holiness, He is unable to be in the presence of sin without a sacrifice. Death. Death is the penalty for sin. Since we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God and because He WANTS a relationship with us,  He sent his only begotten Son to die for us. Those who accept that His son is savior for their sins will be saved and can enjoy being in God's presence for all eternity. As someone who has been saved for almost 13 years I can promise you there is nothing better! As a child of God I have the hope of heaven upon my death. I can be in God's presence and his heavenly kingdom now for all eternity. I have the Holy Spirit inside me as a guide throughout the rest of my life!

If you are new to this blog, I urge you to read from the beginning with my "testimony of faith" back in January 2013 and work your way forward. I have spent many many hours of time researching and writing this blog after God asked me to do so almost a full year before I finally started. Some may ask why I and other Christians are so concerned with "converting" people to become Christians. The best way to explain it is like this. If you had tasted the most incredible piece of chocolate you had ever tasted, wouldn't you want to share it? If you knew that this chocolate could bring incredible happiness, joy and everlasting life and peace to whoever you shared it with who agreed to take a bite...wouldn't you share it? THAT is why many believer's choose to share the gospel with those who either don't know it or reject it. As a loving, obdient child of God I want the people I love and my fellow man in general to know the hope in Jesus and inherit eternal life. I also want to fulfill the assignment that God has asked of me. It is a simple as that.

Thank you for reading Living a spirit filled life and may you be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment