Thursday, January 17, 2013

Welcome to Living a Spirit Filled Life!

Welcome to my new blog! If you are reading this you are either, A. a reader of my other blog, Definitely Debi (www.definatelydebi.blogspot.com) or B. a new reader. Either way, I thank you for taking the time to check out my new blog. This blog was born out of what I can only describe as a "calling". I've felt God asking me for at least the past 6 months to start this blog and I've spent that time praying about  and planning how I would fit this new venture into my already very busy schedule.

My goal is to write at least one post a week on this blog. Unlike my other blog "Definitely Debi" which focuses primarily on myself, my interests and my family; in this blog I will be writing about spiritual matters.

Before I begin however I want to share a quick disclosure. Anything I write about is 100% about my OWN personal beliefs and feelings about God and spiritual matters. We all have our own personal truth in life and this is mine. My hope is that other believers will enjoy what I have to share and that those who are either seeking or of another faith might find something interesting or beneficial for wherever they may be (or not be) in their own personal walks through spirituality. The number one thing I learned from my Mom is to always keep an open mind. It is because I have done that in my life that I have been open to researching many areas of spirtuality and continue to do so even after becoming a Christian 12 years ago. I will say that the more I research, the more convinced I become that Christianity is my spiritual truth.

On some occasions I will discuss religions and matters of faith/spirituality that are OTHER than my own. This in no way will ever be meant as an attack or criticism of these alternative religions or matters of faith/spirituality.  If you read something that you do not agree with or believe in, I am open to constructive comments or concerns, but would appreciate it if you would not use the comments section of the blog to attack my post or my faith.

My hope is to leave the comments area "open" to be a place where readers can share their constructive and/or encouraging thoughts and comments. If however, it becomes a place for attacks or nasty criticisms I will have to close the comments area.

With all of that said.....once again, Welcome to Living a Spirit Filled Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment